Saturday, December 18, 2010

"Steve Irwin Reserve" Article in Saturday's Courier Mail - Letter to Des Houghton regarding June 20th Article in the Courier Mail

June 19, 2009
Des,

I read with great interest your article on the 'Steve Irwin Reserve' in Saturday's Courier Mail.  

I would like you to correct a couple of very important errors.

(1)  I am not and never have been a director or part owner of 'Silverback Properties'.

(2)  I was never invited to be part of the negotiations in regards to 'Steve Irwin Reserve' in Cape York, and have no involvement with it.   To the best of my knowledge this property was given to Terri Irwin by the Australian Government.

(3)  Given the circumstances outlined above, I take exception to the term 'the Irwins' in your article.  The Bob Irwin Wildlife  Fund and Conservation Projects are managed with honesty and integrity. I do not wish to be associated with any conservation issues with which I have no involvement and about which I have no knowledge.

I would appreciate a correction of these errors as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Bob Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment